ACT & SAT INFORMATION
Summit Academy High School Juniors take the ACT for FREE (Tuesday, February 27th, 2018)
ACT Registration & Test Dates click here
SAT Registration & Test Dates click here
"2018 Freddie Fu Sports Medicine Scholarship Program.” The scholarship program was established for students interested in a career in Sports Medicine. Please distribute the application procedures to students interested in the Program. To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must be entering his/her senior year of high school (i.e., the applicant must be a senior in September 2018). All applicants must also complete and send in the four (4) required documents, which include:
- The 2018 Freddie Fu Scholarship application
- A Guidance Counselor Form, which indicates the applicant’s Quality/Grade Point Average, Class Rank, and Class Size (completed by Guidance Counselor or appropriate school representative.)
- And two (2) letters of recommendation
The scholarship application with the Guidance Counselor forms will be attached, or can be found on UPMC Sports Medicine’s website under the Our Services tab and will be within the Athletic Training link. The website address is www.upmc.com/sportsmedicine. All four (4) documents must be mailed together and postmarked to the above address by Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Utah College Application Week November 13- 17 - Class of 2018!
Great links from StepUpUtah.com
Important Scholarship Information
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) All Seniors and their parents should join us on Thursday, October 26th at 6pm in the College and Career Center located in the middle of the school on the 1st floor. Please see attachments on the side for what to bring with you to be prepared to complete FAFSA.
Students, it is crucial that you apply for scholarships. Search for available scholarships around the beginning of your senior year of high school, if not sooner. Most scholarship application deadlines fall between October and March. Every student who is applying for scholarships should do 3 things:
- Apply for scholarships that are available through the specific schools you are interested in. Every college has a scholarship page that explains the scholarships available through the school. This goes for the college as a whole and colleges as in the departments within the college (Math, Science, Behavioral Science, etc.)
- Write a powerful generic essay! Many scholarships are available for writing an essay. Rather than write a million essays, write one essay that is excellent and then adapt it to the specific requirements of the scholarship. Many of them require similar key points as part of the essay.
- Do a scholarship search and see what other scholarships you should apply for. Ask your school counselor what scholarships previous students have been awarded. If someone from your school got the scholarship before that can increase the odds that it is a legitimate scholarship. See below for ideas for scholarship searching.
Other Scholarship Options
UCAS Scholarship List
- Utah County Academy of Science has listed over 60 different scholarships that are always being updated. this could be a great place to start looking and applying. Utah Real Estate ScholarshipQuest Bridge
- For low income, high achieving students. Regent Scholarship
- For students who take rigorous high school courses as described in the scholarship (You can not get the Regent Scholarship and New Century Scholarship together). For additional information call (801)321-7159 New Century Scholarship
- For students who earn their Associates Degree before graduating high school. For additional information call (801)321-7221
Utah College/University Scholarship Websites
Out of State College Websites
The University of California's
admissions website provides admission requirements for freshman applicants and is also the portal for students to begin their application.The UC system features ten universities throughout the state of California.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA), a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. FAFSA helps students receive more than $150 billion in federal grants, loans, and work-study funds each year. The FAFSA application becomes available on January 1st and should be completed by senior students and their parents. Parents of seniors are encouraged to do their tax returns as soon as possible as this will assist them with the completion of the FAFSA. FAFSA is FREE. You should not be paying money to apply for financial aid.
Student athletes at Summit Academy who want to continue their involvement in athletics at a college or university need to build a NCAA Clearinghouse profile. This is done through the NCAA Eligibility Center
. Some colleges and universities belong to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Some students choose to earn their Registered Nurse credentials from an associates degree program at a community college. These students may choose to further their education, in the form of a BSN or MSN program. Working as a registered nurse (RN) is a rewarding career with a bright future. If you love your job taking care of patients, then you’re in the right place. But if you want more professional opportunities, would like to advance your education, or need a higher salary, consider getting a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN). If you are an RN with an associate’s degree or diploma and want to go to graduate school, an RN to Master of Science in nursing (MSN) may be a good fit.
All Nursing Schools
is an additional resource to check out the upcoming trends in the Nursing field and also explore universities offering RN, BSN, and MSN degrees.Engineering
The Association of American Medical Colleges
has a website for Aspiring Doctors. This website is designed to help students understand the different career paths within the medical field, what it takes to earn admission into a medical school, and how to pay for it.